When to apply
Interested applicants can refer to MOE's website for the AEIS application periods.
Applications may close early when all places for the admissions tests are filled.
How to apply
Please follow the steps below to apply for AEIS:
- Create your individual account in the Candidates Portal (CP).
- Upon successful creation of your CP account, the applicant can apply for the AEIS during the registration period.
- Please upload the following documents in the CP during the registration period:
- The applicant's birth certificate. If it is in other languages, please submit an accurate English translated copy.
- The applicant's passport with validity of at least 6 months.
- The applicant's statement of results for the relevant Cambridge English Qualifications (CEQ) test taken within 12 months before the month of submission of their AEIS-Primary online application. There is no need to submit the Cambridge English
- The applicant's passport size photo.
- Make payment for the fees through the preferred mode of credit or debit card or PayNow during the online application. Please refer to MOE's website for more information about the application costs.
- Check the status of the application and test details regularly in the CP.
After Registration in CP
All registrations are subject to approval.
Upon successful submission of a registration, the application status will be reflected as "Pending" in CP.
It will take at least 4 weeks from the day of the application before the status will be updated to “Registered” if the document submission is in order and the applicant is assessed to be eligible for the tests. Incomplete document submissions
will result in a longer wait time.
Please login to CP regularly and refer to the Remarks column in the CP for updates on the application status.
If your application has been approved, you will receive an email informing you to retrieve the entry proof for the applicant from CP.
If your application has been rejected, you will see the status of 'ineligible' reflected in CP.
For enquiries, you may contact SEAB using the following channels: