Release of The 2021 Singapore-Cambridge GCE N(A)- & N(T)-Level Examination Results on 17 December 2021
10 December 2021
1. The results of the 2021 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Normal (Academic)-[N(A)] and Normal (Technical)-[N(T)] Level Examinations will be released on Friday, 17 December 2021, 2.30pm.
Results Release for School Candidates
2. Arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results from their secondary schools in their respective classrooms from 2.30pm on 17 December 2021. Only school candidates collecting their results will be allowed entry into the school premises, and they will be expected to observe the Safe Management Measures (SMMs) in place.
3. School candidates issued the Ministry of Health's Health Risk Warning will be allowed to collect their results in person if they test negative using the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) on the day of the results release before going to school. School candidates who are unwell or are required to self-isolate due to a positive COVID-19 test result should not return to school to collect their results. These students may check their results online via Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s (SEAB) Candidates Portal at www.seab.gov.sg from 3.15pm on 17 December 2021. School candidates who are eligible for Singpass can use their Singpass account to access SEAB’s Candidates Portal. School candidates who are International Students will receive their system-generated username via email from 14 December 2021. SEAB’s Candidates Portal will be accessible from 17 December 2021 to 31 December 2021.
4. School candidates who are unable to collect their results in person should inform their school, and can appoint a proxy to collect a physical copy of their results on their behalf. Proxies are required to produce the relevant documents for the school’s verification when collecting the results. School candidates may contact their schools for assistance if they are unable to appoint a proxy, or if they have not received their system-generated username for SEAB’s Candidates Portal.
Results Release for Private Candidates
5. Private candidates will be notified of their individual results by post. The results will be mailed on 17 December 2021 to the address that private candidates had provided to SEAB.
6. Private candidates who are eligible for Singpass can also use their Singpass account to obtain their results online via SEAB’s Candidates Portal, similar to the arrangement for school candidates. Private candidates who are non-Singpass holders will receive their system-generated username via email.
Application for Institute of Technical Education (ITE) courses
7. Candidates who wish to apply for courses offered by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) can submit their applications online via the ITE application portal (https://www.ite.edu.sg/apply-for-ITE-courses), between 2.30pm on 17 December 2021 and 5.00pm on 21 December 2021. Hard copy application forms will also be available at the Customer & Visitor Centres at the three ITE Colleges. Applicants who wish to collect a hard copy application from the Customer & Visitor Centres should book an appointment first by contacting the respective colleges via the email addresses or phone numbers provided at https://www.ite.edu.sg/who-we-are/get-in-touch.
8. Starting with selected courses from Academic Year 2022, ITE will introduce an enhanced three-year curricular structure1 leading directly to a Higher Nitec certification. This will equip ITE graduates with deeper industry-relevant skills for employment, as well as provide a strong foundation for further education and skills upgrading over the course of their careers. Applications for Higher Nitec courses under the enhanced three-year curricular structure may be submitted via the ITE application portal, or via hard copy application forms.
9. For courses offered under Aptitude-Based Admissions, candidates may check the interview details online via the ITE application portal on 22 December 2021 from 2.00pm.
Release of ITE Posting Results and Acceptance of ITE Offers
10. The ITE posting results will be released on 30 December 2021. Candidates may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
11. Candidates who receive an ITE offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 30 December 2021 and 4 January 2022 to accept or reject the offer.
Application for the Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP)
12. The Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) prepares candidates for progression into selected polytechnic diploma courses via a two-year Higher Nitec course at ITE. Under the DPP, candidates who successfully complete their Higher Nitec course and attain the required minimum qualifying Higher Nitec Grade Point Average are guaranteed a place in a polytechnic diploma course mapped to their Higher Nitec course. School candidates eligible for the DPP will receive a copy of Form N from their secondary schools, inviting them to apply for the DPP.
13. Applications for the DPP can be submitted online via the ITE application portal between 2.30 pm on 17 December 2021 and 5.00 pm on 21 December 2021.
Release of DPP Posting Results and Acceptance of DPP Offers
14. The DPP posting results will be released on 23 December 2021. Candidates may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
15. Candidates who receive a DPP offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 23 December 2021 and 28 December 2021 to accept or reject the DPP offer.
16. School candidates who do not have a confirmed place in the DPP should report to their secondary schools in 2022 for Secondary 5.
Application for the Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)
17. The Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) is a diploma-specific foundation programme conducted over two academic semesters at the polytechnics. It caters to candidates in the N(A) course who have decided to pursue a polytechnic education and meet the PFP eligibility requirements at the end of Secondary 4.
18. School candidates interested in applying for the PFP should first report to their secondary schools in 2022 to start their Secondary 5 year, while awaiting notification of eligibility and confirmation of a place in the PFP.
19. Applications for the PFP will open in January 2022, on the day of the GCE Ordinary-Level (O-Level) Examinations results release. Candidates eligible for the PFP will receive a copy of Form P on the same day, inviting them to apply for the PFP.
20. For more information on the DPP and the PFP, please visit these websites:
Provision of Education and Career Guidance (ECG) services
21. School candidates may consult their teachers or ECG Counsellors in their respective secondary schools to help them make informed decisions about their next steps. Candidates can also refer to the MySkillsFuture website at
https://go.gov.sg/mysfsec to find out more about the range of education and career pathways available to them. To complement the ECG services provided by schools, candidates may make an appointment for online or phone counselling with an ECG Counsellor from the ECG Centre at MOE (Grange Road) via 6831 1420,
MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg or https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre. The MOE ECG Centre will offer online or phone counselling from 13 to 24 December 20212, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
1 More information can be found in MOE’s press release (30 April 2021): https://go.gov.sg/itecs30apr
2 Online or phone counselling services on 18 December and 24 December will only be available from 9.00am to 12.30pm.