Release of 2020 Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level Examination Results
19 February 2021
1. Candidates who sat for the 2020 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) examination received their results today1.
2. Given the COVID-19 situation, arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results from their respective schools with safe management measures in place. Private candidates will be notified of their individual result by post as per previous years. All candidates are also able to access their results online via the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s (SEAB) results release system at
3. 11,646 candidates sat for the 2020 GCE A-Level examination. 10,905 (93.6%) of these candidates have attained at least 3 H2 passes, with a pass in General Paper (GP) or Knowledge and Inquiry (KI).
Applications to Autonomous Universities
4. Interested applicants for admissions and/or scholarships to the Autonomous Universities (AUs) are encouraged to submit their applications online. All school candidates who apply to the AUs online do not need to submit a hard copy of their A-Level certificates. More information on the AUs’ admissions processes can be found on their respective websites, and applicants can approach the AUs directly for further clarifications.
Applications to Polytechnics
5. Eligible A-Level graduates who are looking to further their studies at the polytechnics can benefit from module exemptions in 120 courses. This will reduce the time taken for them to obtain a polytechnic diploma by up to one year. Interested students can apply to the polytechnics directly in mid-August 2021, for matriculation in October 2021. More details will be made available on the respective polytechnics’ websites by March 2021.
Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
6. Students who would like guidance on their education options can approach their teachers or the ECG Counsellors supporting their schools. Students can also refer to the interactive MySkillsFuture portal at
https://go.gov.sg/mysfpreu to find out more about the education options, career pathways and courses that are suited to their strengths, interests and abilities. Students may also visit the websites of AUs and polytechnics to understand more
about the institutions’ offerings and their curricula, which cater to different learning preferences
7. To complement the ECG services provided by schools, students can make an appointment for online or phone counselling with an ECG Counsellor from the ECG Centre at MOE (Grange Road) via the e-Appointment system at https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre, calling the ECG hotline at 6831 1420, or emailing MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg. The online or phone counselling services will be available from 15 February to 19 March 2021, 9.00am to 5.00pm (Saturdays: 9.00am to 12.30pm).
1 The Cambridge Assessment International Education, the Ministry of Education, Singapore and the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board are the joint examining authorities for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education
Advanced Level examination.