RELEASE OF THE 2019 SINGAPORE-CAMBRIDGE GCE N(A)- & N(T)-LEVEL EXAMINATION RESULTS ON 19 DECEMBER 2019
12 December 2019
1. The results of the 2019 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Normal (Academic)-[N(A)] and Normal (Technical)-[N(T)] Level Examinations will be released on Thursday, 19 December 2019.
2. School candidates may obtain their results from their respective schools from 2.00 pm on 19 December 2019.
3. Private candidates will be notified of their individual results by post. The result slips will be mailed on 19 December 2019 to the address provided by the candidates during the registration period. Private candidates who are eligible for SingPass1 can also use their SingPass account to obtain their results online via the internet Examination Results Release System (iERRS) on the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s website at
www.seab.gov.sg from 2.00 pm on 19 December 2019.
Application for Institute of Technical Education (ITE) courses
4. Students who wish to apply for courses offered by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) can submit their applications online via the ITE application portal (https://www.ite.edu.sg/apply-now/), between 2.30 pm on 19 December 2019 and 5.00 pm on 23 December 2019. Hard copy application forms will also be available at the Customer Service Centres at the three ITE Colleges.
5. For courses offered under Aptitude-Based Admissions, students may check the interview details online via the ITE application portal on 26 December 2019.
Release of ITE Posting Results and Acceptance of ITE Offers
6. The ITE posting results will be released on 3 January 2020. Students may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
7. Students who receive an ITE offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 3 January 2020 and 7 January 2020 to accept or reject the offer.
Application for the Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP)
8. The Direct-Entry-Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) prepares students for progression into selected polytechnic diploma courses via a two-year Higher Nitec course at ITE. Under the DPP, students who successfully complete their Higher Nitec course and attain the required minimum qualifying Higher Nitec Grade Point Average are guaranteed a place in a polytechnic diploma course mapped to their Higher Nitec course. Students eligible for the DPP will receive a copy of Form N from their secondary schools, inviting them to apply for the DPP.
9. Applications for the DPP can be submitted online via the ITE application portal between 2.30 pm on 19 December 2019 and 5.00 pm on 23 December 2019.
Release of DPP Posting Results and Acceptance of DPP Offers
10. The DPP posting results will be released on 26 December 2019. Students may check the posting results online via the ITE application portal.
11. Students who receive a DPP offer should log on to the ITE application portal between 26 December 2019 and 30 December 2019 to accept or reject the DPP offer.
12. Students who do not have a confirmed place in the DPP should report to their secondary schools on 2 January 2020 for Secondary 5.
Application for the Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP)
13. The Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) is a diploma-specific foundation programme conducted over two academic semesters at the polytechnics. It caters to students in the N(A) course who have decided to pursue a polytechnic education and meet the PFP eligibility requirements at the end of Secondary 4.
14. Students interested in applying for the PFP should first start their Secondary 5 year on 2 January 2020, while awaiting notification of eligibility and confirmation of a place in the PFP.
15. Applications for the PFP will open in January 2020, on the day of the GCE Ordinary-Level Examinations results release. Students eligible for the PFP will receive a copy of Form P on the same day, inviting them to apply for the PFP.
16. For more information on the DPP and the PFP, please visit these websites:
Provision of Education and Career Guidance (ECG) services
17. Students may consult their teachers or ECG Counsellors in their respective secondary schools to help them make informed decisions about their next steps. Students can also refer to the MySkillsFuture website at https://go.gov.sg/mysfsec to find out more about the range of education and career pathways available to them. To complement the ECG services provided by schools, students and their parents may make an appointment with an ECG Counsellor at the ECG Centre at MOE (Grange Road) via 6831 1420, MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg or http://bit.ly/moe_ecg. The MOE ECG Centre will be open from 13 to 27 December 2019, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
1 Private candidates can visit the SingPass website at www.singpass.gov.sg to find out if they are eligible for SingPass.