Release of 2023 PSLE Results and Secondary 1 Posting Exercise
15 November 2023
1. The results of the 2023 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Wednesday, 22 November 2023 at 11.00am. Arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results from their respective primary schools.
2. Details on the collection arrangements will be shared by the respective schools with their students. School candidates who are unable to return to school to collect their results may appoint a proxy to do so on their behalf by Friday, 24 November 2023.
Choosing Secondary Schools
3. Students are encouraged to consider schools holistically when choosing a secondary school that would be a good fit for their educational needs, strengths and interests. While schools’ PSLE Cut-Off Points from last year’s Secondary 1 (S1) Posting Exercise can serve as a reference, students are encouraged to also consider factors such as school culture, distinctive programmes, subject offerings, and Co-Curricular Activities when making their school choices. Full Subject-Based Banding (Full SBB), which will be fully implemented in 120 secondary schools from the 2024 S1 cohort, will provide students greater customisation and flexibility in their learning.
4. Students are encouraged to visit the schools’ open houses and explore their websites. More information is available at:
Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School
5. Crest Secondary School (CSS) and Spectra Secondary School (SSS) offer an alternative educational pathway for students eligible for Posting Group 1 only or the Posting Group 1/2 Option Band, and who are more inclined towards practice-oriented, hands-on learning. The schools offer a customised skills-based curriculum and exposure to unique learning opportunities, putting students in good stead for progression to the Institute of Technical Education (ITE). Both schools also provide a whole-school approach that emphasises values, socio-emotional learning and character-building to nurture holistic and confident learners. More information on CSS and SSS can be found on their school websites (www.crestsec.edu.sg and www.spectra.edu.sg). The schools also organise open houses, where students can find out more about the schools’ distinctive programmes, subjects, culture, ethos, and other offerings.
6. Eligible students interested to study in CSS or SSS can apply directly by submitting their school application to CSS and SSS starting from 11.30am on Wednesday, 22 November 2023 to 3.00pm on Tuesday, 28 November 2023. Application forms for these two schools are available at students’ respective primary schools, or on the school websites of CSS and SSS. Students who have applied directly should continue to submit the S1 Option Form, to facilitate posting to another school of their choice if they are not admitted to CSS or SSS. Students who applied directly to CSS or SSS and are admitted will be informed of the outcome by Wednesday, 13 December 2023, and their other S1 school choices will be voided. For eligible students who did not apply directly to CSS or SSS but wish to be considered for admission to these schools, they may indicate CSS and SSS as one of their school choices in the S1 Option Form.
Submission of Secondary 1 School Choices and Options
7. The S1 Option Form to select secondary schools will be given to eligible students together with their PSLE results. The S1 Option Form provides key information regarding the submission of school choices.
8. A unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) can be found on the top-right hand corner of the S1 Option Form. Students should use the S1 PIN to log in to the Secondary 1 Internet System (S1-IS) and submit their S1 school choices and options online. The S1-IS will be accessible from 11.30am on Wednesday, 22 November 2023 to 3.00pm on Tuesday, 28 November 2023 through MOE’s S1 Posting website at www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting.
9. Students, in discussion with their parents, should first consider their school choices and complete the S1 Option Form before logging on to the S1-IS to submit their S1 school choices and options. This will help in the smooth completion of their online submission. Parents who require assistance with their online submission may contact the student’s primary school before 3.00pm on Tuesday, 28 November 2023.
Release of Secondary 1 Posting Results
10. The S1 Posting Results will be released between Wednesday, 20 December 2023 and Friday, 22 December 2023. The posting results can be accessed through any of the following channels:
- Short Message Service (SMS) via a local mobile number (if provided by the applicant during the application process);
- S1-IS (www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting) using the student’s Birth Certificate number / FIN, and the S1 PIN; or
- At the student’s primary school.
11. Students do not need to report to their posted secondary schools upon receiving their S1 Posting Results. Students should refer to their posted schools’ websites after receiving their posting results for more information, such as the reporting details, booklist, and purchase of books and uniforms. Parents of the incoming S1 cohort who are on Parents Gateway (PG) will also receive instructions from the posted schools from the afternoon the S1 Posting results are released.
12. If students are unable to report to their posted secondary school on the first day of school in January 2024 due to valid reasons, they should inform their posted secondary school directly after receiving their posting results to confirm that they are taking up the place, and the school will be able to reserve the place for them. More information on S1 Posting and S1-IS are available at MOE’s S1 Posting website. For enquiries, please visit www.moe.gov.sg/contact.