Release of 2020 PSLE Results
25 November 2020
1. Candidates who sat for the 2020 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) received their results today. Arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results in their respective primary schools, while those who were unwell, or on Quarantine Order, Stay-Home Notice or Leave of Absence, or those who preferred an alternative to gathering physically in school, were also able to view their results online via Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s (SEAB) results release system at
Performance of 2020 Primary 6 Cohort
2. A total of 39,995 Primary 6 candidates sat for the PSLE this year. Of these, 39,361 candidates (or 98.4%) are assessed suitable to progress to secondary school. 66.3% are eligible for the Express course, 21.2% for the Normal (Academic) course, and 11.0% for the Normal (Technical) course. These proportions are similar to the 2019 Primary 6 cohort.
3. 634 (or 1.6%) did not qualify for any of the Express, Normal (Academic) or Normal (Technical) courses. These candidates may choose to re-attempt the PSLE next year. Alternatively, they can apply to Assumption Pathway School (APS) or NorthLight School (NLS) for a more experiential and hands-on learning approach. Candidates who have attempted the PSLE once and would like to apply to APS or NLS can do so with a recommendation from their primary school principal.
Secondary 1 (S1) Posting Exercise
4. The S1 Option Forms to select secondary schools will be given to eligible students when they collect their results slips in person or collect them via their proxy. There will not be online copies of the S1 Option Forms. In every S1 Option Form, there will be a unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) which can be found at the top right-hand corner of the form. The S1 PIN can be used to submit the secondary school options online and view the posting outcome subsequently via the S1 Internet System (S1-IS). The S1-IS will be accessible from 11.00am on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 to 3.00pm on Tuesday, 1 December 2020 for students to submit their school choices through the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) S1 Posting website at www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting.
5. Students, in discussion with their parents, should first consider their secondary school choices, make their decision, and complete the option form before logging on to the S1-IS.
6. When choosing a secondary school, parents and students should consider factors such as the secondary schools’ distinctive programmes, Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs), ethos and culture. Parents and students are encouraged to take the time to explore the schools’ websites, social media pages, as well as take part in their virtual open houses, to find out more about the schools that interest them before selecting the schools.
Release of S1 Posting Results
7. The S1 Posting Results will be released on Tuesday, 22 December 2020. The posting results can be accessed through any of the following channels:
- Short Message Service (SMS) via a local mobile number (if provided by the applicant during the application process)
- S1-IS (www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting) using the student’s Birth Certificate number / FIN, and the S1 PIN
- At the student’s primary school
8. Students do not need to report to their posted secondary schools this year after receiving their S1 Posting Results. Instead, they should refer to their posted schools’ websites from 22 December 2020 for more information such as instructions on online purchase of books and uniforms, booklist, and the reporting details. Parents of the incoming S1 cohort who are on Parents Gateway (PG) would also receive instructions from the posted schools from the afternoon of the day the S1 Posting results are released.
9. If students are unable to report to their posted secondary school on the first day of school in January 2021 due to valid reasons, they may contact their posted secondary school directly to confirm that they are taking up the place, and the school will be able to reserve the place for them.