RELEASE OF 2017 PSLE RESULTS AND 2017 SECONDARY 1 POSTING EXERCISE
17 November 2017
1. The results of the 2017 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Friday, 24 November 2017. Students may obtain their result slips from their respective primary schools from 11.00am on 24 November 2017.
Submission of Secondary 1 Options
2. Eligible students will receive option forms to select secondary schools when they collect their results slips. Students should discuss their secondary school choices with their parents as they complete the Secondary 1 (S1) Option Forms.
3. In every sealed S1 Option Form, there will be a unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN), which can be found at the top right-hand corner of the form and can be used to submit the secondary school options online via the Secondary 1 Internet System (S1-IS). The S1-IS will be accessible from 11.00am on 24 November 2017 to 3.00pm on 30 November 2017 through the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) S1 Posting website at
4. Students, in discussion with their parents, are advised to first consider their secondary school choices, decide on these choices and complete the option form before logging on to the S1-IS. This will help to facilitate the smooth completion of their online submission.
5. Alternatively, the option form can be submitted through the student’s primary school. Submission at the primary schools can be made during the following timeslots: 11.00am to 3.00pm on 24 November 2017; and 9.00am to 3.00pm from 27 to 30 November 2017.
Release of Secondary 1 Posting Results
6. The S1 Posting Results will be released on Thursday, 21 December 2017. The posting results can be accessed through any of the following channels:
- Short Message Service (SMS) via a local mobile number
(if provided by the applicant during the application process)
- S1-IS at www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/secondary-one-posting-exercise
- At the student’s primary school
7. Students are to report on 22 December 2017 at 8.30am to the secondary schools they are posted to.
8. More information on the S1 Posting Exercise and S1-IS is available at MOE’s S1 Posting website or in the information booklet entitled “Choosing Your Secondary Schools” previously distributed to the Primary 6 students. For enquiries, parents can call the MOE Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220 on weekdays from 8.30am to 5.30pm and from 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturdays.
Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School
9. Specialised Schools for Normal (Technical) students (SSNTs) - Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School - offer an alternative educational pathway for students eligible for the Normal (Technical) course who have an interest in practice- oriented, hands-on learning. The schools offer a customised skills-based curriculum and exposure to authentic learning opportunities, which allow students to explore their interests in a broad range of domains, and put students in good stead for progression to the ITE. The SSNTs also provide a whole-school environment that emphasises values, socio-emotional learning and character-building, which helps to nurture more holistic and confident learners who are ready for future challenges.
10. Students in the SSNTs will offer GCE Normal (Technical) level English Language, Mother Tongue Language and Mathematics. Selected students can also offer Science as an additional subject. In addition, students will be able to specialise in one of four ITE Skills Certificate (ISC) courses at the upper secondary level, namely Hospitality Services, Retail Services, Facility Services and Mechanical Servicing. These ISC courses provide opportunities for students to develop their passion and aptitude in the domain areas, and are aligned with Nitec courses that students can consider after graduation.
11. Students who are eligible for the Normal (Technical) course and interested to study in Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School should apply directly to these two schools from 11.00am on 24 November 2017 until 12.00pm on 28 November 2017. In addition, these students are also required to indicate their choices for other secondary schools under the S1 Posting Exercise. This would ensure that those who are not admitted into Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School can be posted to another school of their choice in a timely and seamless manner.
12. Application forms for these two schools will be available from the primary schools when students receive their results, or from the schools’ websites (http://www.crestsec.edu.sg
and http://www.spectra.edu.sg). Students successfully admitted into Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School will be informed by the schools via mail and SMS by 14 December 2017.
13. More information on Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School can be found on the schools’ websites or the information booklet entitled “Choosing Your Secondary Schools”.