Arrangements For The Release of Results For The 2020 National Examinations
27 October 2020
1. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) will ensure that the arrangements for the release of results for the 2020 national examinations take into account the need to safeguard the well-being of candidates and school staff.
Arrangements for the Collection of Results
2. The tentative dates for the release of results for the respective national examinations are indicated below. Due to operational factors, the exact dates can only be confirmed later, about one week before each actual results release day.
|National Examination ||Tentative Dates |
|PSLE ||25 to 27 November 2020 |
|GCE N(A)/N(T)- Level ||17 to 21 December 2020 |
|GCE O-Level ||11 to 13 January 2021 |
|GCE A-Level ||19 to 23 February 2021 |
3. We recognise that being able to collect their examination results in person is an important part of the educational journey for many students. It gives them the opportunity to be with their classmates, and to consult their teachers on their next steps, if necessary. As such, arrangements will be made for school candidates to return to their respective schools on the day of the results release, to collect their results from their teachers personally.
4. As is the standard practice now, candidates collecting their results in school will be expected to observe the Safe Management Measures (SMMs) in place. They will also have to sign in via SafeEntry and be screened for fever or flu-like symptoms. To avoid congestion, this year’s collection of results will be done in small groups in individual classrooms, instead of in large crowded venues like the school hall in previous years.
5. As PSLE candidates, given their younger age, might need more support, one parent/guardian will be allowed to accompany his/her child/ward to school to collect their results. The parents/guardians would need to wait at the designated common areas in the schools and observe the SMMs implemented, while their child/ward receives the results in the classroom. For the collection of GCE-level examination results, only school candidates will be allowed entry into school premises.
6. As with current practice, private candidates will be notified of their results by post. The results slip and certificates will be mailed to the postal address provided by these candidates.
Arrangements to View Results Online
7. This year, SEAB has enhanced its systems so that all candidates will also be able to view their examination results online on the day of the respective results release. This can be done via SEAB’s results release system on its website (www.seab.gov.sg).
8. School candidates who are unwell, or who are on Quarantine Order, Stay-Home Notice or Leave of Absence on the day of the results release, should not return to school to collect their results. They should view their results online instead. The physical copy of their results can be collected from their respective schools at a later date. School candidates who are unable to collect their results in school may appoint a proxy to collect a physical copy of their results, as well as the Secondary 1 Option Form, Joint Admissions Exercise Form, Polytechnic Foundation Programme form or Joint Intake Exercise form on their behalf. If they are unable to appoint a proxy to collect their results, they may contact their school for assistance to send the results and related forms to them.
9. Candidates can access SEAB’s results release system with a system-generated password issued by SEAB, or with their SingPass:
- PSLE candidates will receive a system-generated password issued by SEAB through their schools from 12 November 2020.
- GCE-level candidates who are eligible for SingPass1 should activate their SingPass early. Candidates who are not eligible for SingPass will receive a system-generated password from SEAB via email a few days before
the results release. More details will be provided in the respective announcements on the dates of the GCE-level examinations’ results release.
10. MOE and SEAB will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, and provide updates if there are further changes to the arrangements for this year’s release of results.
1 Candidates can visit the SingPass website at www.singpass.gov.sg to find out if they are eligible for SingPass, and to activate their SingPass Two-Factor Authentication
if they have not done so.