16 September 2019
2019 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O- and A-Level Science Practical Examination Schedule For Private Candidates
- Private candidates who have registered for the 2019 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-/A-Level Science Practical Examination will receive their Science Practical Examination schedule by post, by 16 September 2019.
- If you have registered for any GCE O-Level or A-Level Science subject with practical component but did not receive the practical examination schedule by 16 September 2019, please contact MOE Customer Service Centre at
6872-2220 between 8:30 am to 5:30 pm from Mondays to Fridays.
- On the examination day, all candidates must report to the Exam Personnel at their designated examination centre(s) by the Reporting Time indicated on their mail notification. They will
not be allowed to sit the Science Practical examination if they report after the Reporting Time.
- Candidates will be quarantined after their examination and will be dismissed only after the dismissal time as indicated in their shift schedule.
- Candidates are advised to download the LTA’s ‘MyTransport’ app under ‘Find-My-Way’ module to familiarise themselves with their designated exam centre(s) at least one week before the start of their examination.
Major Train Service Disruption on Science Practical Examination days
- This notification states the arrangements for the GCE examinations in the event of a major disruption (e.g. due to delay in train services, traffic jams, bad weather etc).
- The arrangements aim to enable candidates affected by the disruption to sit their examination as scheduled without compromising the integrity of the examination.
- In the 2019 GCE A-Level “Examination Rules and Regulations for Private Candidates”, it is stated that candidates affected by major disruptions during examination e.g. major train service disruption, they can report to an Examination Centre
nearest to them to sit the examination, if they are unable to reach their designated Examination Centre before the end of the paper. Please note that this is not applicable to Science Practical Examinations.
- If you are affected by a major disruption on the day that you are sitting for Science Practical Examination, you must still report to your designated Examination Centre to sit the examination, even if the situation does not allow you to reach your
Examination Centre before the end of the examination. This is because the other examination centres may not have the specific examination requirements (e.g. lab equipment) to conduct these examinations.
- Please be assured that arrangements will be made to allow candidates to sit the Science Practical Examinations with full duration, if they arrive late at their examination centre due to a major train service disruption.
- If you arrive at the examination centre after the paper has ended or are unable to reach an examination centre at all, please contact the MOE Customer Service Centre at 68722220 between Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.