RESULTS OF THE 2015 SINGAPORE-CAMBRIDGE GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (ORDINARY LEVEL) EXAMINATION
11 January 2016
1. A total of 29,723 school candidates sat for the 2015 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) examination and 99.9% have been awarded certificates.
2. The results of the 2015 GCE O-Level examination for school candidates are as follows:
|Year ||No. Sat ||1 or more GCE O-Level Passes ||3 or more GCE O-Level Passes ||5 or more GCE O-Level Passes |
|No. ||% ||No. ||% ||No. ||% |
|2015 ||29,723 ||29,695 ||99.9 ||28,556 ||96.1 ||24,921 ||83.8 |
3. 3,950 students from the 2015 Secondary 4 Normal (Academic) [Secondary 4N(A)] course sat for one or more subjects in the GCE O-Level examination. Of these, 88.6% have obtained at least one O-Level pass.
4. A total of 1,983 private candidates sat for the 2015 GCE O-Level examination and 90.5% have been awarded certificates.
EDUCATION AND CAREER GUIDANCE (ECG)
5. Students should take into consideration their interests, abilities and passion in exploring the various educational pathways available after their O-Level examination. They are encouraged to speak with their parents, teachers and ECG Counsellors for guidance in making an informed decision.
6. In addition, students may wish to refer to http://www.ecareers.sg, an interactive web-based ECG portal hosted by the Ministry of Education. The portal provides up-to-date information on the educational options and career development pathways available to students. Students may use the portal to clarify their interests and aptitudes, and point to a range of suitable education and career possibilities.