RELEASE OF THE 2017 PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION RESULTS
24 November 2017
1. Students collected their Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results from their respective primary schools today.
Performance of 2017 Primary 6 Cohort1
2. A total of 38,942 Primary 6 students sat for the PSLE this year. 38,312 students (or 98.4%) are assessed suitable to proceed to secondary school. 66.2% are eligible for the Express course, 21.4% for the Normal (Academic) course, and 10.7% for the Normal (Technical) course.
3. For the 630 students (or 1.6%) who did not qualify for the Express, Normal (Academic) or Normal (Technical) courses, those who attempted the PSLE for the first time may re-attempt the PSLE in the coming year or apply to Assumption Pathway School (APS) or NorthLight School (NLS). Those who have made more than one attempt at PSLE will be preferentially offered a place in APS or NLS.
2017 Secondary 1 Posting Exercise
4. Eligible students would have received option forms to select secondary schools when they collected their results slips. In every sealed S1 Option Form, there will be a unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) which can be used to submit their secondary school choices online via the Secondary One Internet System. This will be accessible from 11.00am on 24 November 2017 to 3.00pm on 30 November 2017 through the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) S1 Posting website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/secondary-one-posting-exercise. Alternatively, the S1 Option Form can be submitted through the student’s primary school.
5. Students have a wide variety of quality secondary schools to choose from that will maximize their potential. Some have unique programmes while others offer different combinations of choices. When choosing secondary schools, students, in discussion with their parents, should consider schools with environments best suited to their learning needs and interests (e.g. Applied Learning Programmes, Learning for Life Programmes, Co-Curricular Activities), and the proximity of the school from their home, amongst other factors.
6. The S1 posting results will be released on Thursday, 21 December 2017. Students are to report to the secondary schools that they are posted to on Friday, 22 December 2017 at 8.30am.
1 For information on children exempted from the Compulsory Education Act, please refer to the attached “Information Sheet on the 2017 PSLE Results of Students Exempted from Compulsory Education” in Annex A.