RELEASE OF THE 2016 PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING EXAMINATION RESULTS
24 November 2016
1. Students collected their Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results from their respective primary schools today.
Performance of 2016 Primary 6 Cohort1
2. A total of 38,808 Primary 6 students sat for the PSLE this year. 38,180 students (or 98.4%) are assessed suitable to proceed to secondary school. 66.4% are eligible for the Express course, 21.4% for the Normal (Academic) course, and 10.6% for the Normal (Technical) course.
3. For the 628 students (or 1.6%) who did not qualify for the Express, Normal (Academic) or Normal (Technical) courses, those who attempted the PSLE for the first time may re-attempt the PSLE in the coming year or apply to Assumption Pathway School (APS) or NorthLight School (NLS). Those who have made more than one attempt at PSLE will be preferentially offered a place in APS or NLS.
2016 Secondary One Posting Exercise
4. Eligible students would have received option forms to select secondary schools when they collected their results slips. In every sealed S1 Option Form, there will be a unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) which can be used to submit their secondary school choices online via the Secondary One Internet System. This will be accessible from 11.00am on 24 November 2016 to 3.00pm on 30 November 2016 through the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) S1 Posting website at
5. Alternatively, the S1 Option Form can be submitted through the student’s primary school. Submission at primary schools started today from 11.00am to 3.00pm, and students can continue to hand in their submissions from 25 to 30 November 2016 (9.00am to 3.00pm), excluding weekends.
6. We would like to reiterate that there are many different secondary schools to choose from. Some have unique programmes while others offer different educational paths, but all seek to maximise the potential of every student. When choosing secondary schools, we would encourage students, in discussion with their parents, to consider schools with environments best suited to their learning needs and interests (e.g. Applied Learning Programmes, Learning for Life Programmes, CCAs), and the proximity of the school from their home, amongst other factors.
7. The S1 posting results will be released on Wednesday, 21 December 2016. Students are to report to the secondary schools that they are posted to on Thursday, 22 December 2016 at 8.30am.
1 For information on children exempted from the Compulsory Education Act, please refer to the attached “Information Sheet on the 2016 PSLE Results of Students Exempted from Compulsory Education” in Annex A.