Release of 2022 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level Examination Results
12 January 2023
1. Candidates who sat for the 2022 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) Examination collected their results from their secondary schools today1.
2. A total of 23,684 candidates sat for the 2022 GCE O-Level Examination. 23,625 (99.8%) of these candidates have 1 or more O-Level passes. 22,868 (96.6%) and 20,406 (86.2%) of the candidates have 3 or more and 5 or more O-Level passes respectively. This is comparable to the performance of candidates for the GCE O-Level Examination in previous years.
Joint Admissions Exercise
3. Students who wish to apply for admission to junior colleges (JCs), Millennia Institute (MI), polytechnics, and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) may do so via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) using their O-Level examination results. The JAE registration period is from 3.00pm on Thursday, 12 January 2023, to 4.00pm on Tuesday, 17 January 2023.
4. Eligible school candidates who sat for the 2022 GCE O-Level Examination will receive Form A2 on Thursday, 12 January 2023, when they collect their results
in person. If candidates are not able to collect their Form A from their schools or appoint a proxy to do so by Monday, 16 January 2023, they may contact their schools for assistance. Private candidates who are eligible for JAE will receive Form
A via post sent to the address that they had provided to SEAB earlier. Alternatively, all candidates eligible for JAE may download a copy of the Form A from the JAE-Internet System (JAE-IS) using Singpass during the registration period. The JAE-IS
will be accessible from 3.00pm on Thursday, 12 January 2023, to 4.00pm on Tuesday, 17 January 2023 for students to submit their course choices through the JAE website at www.moe.gov.sg/jae.
Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
5. Students who would like to seek guidance on their education options can approach their teachers or the ECG Counsellors supporting their schools. Students can also refer to the following websites to find out more about the range of education options and career pathways available to them:
6. To complement the ECG services provided by schools, students can make an appointment for online or phone counselling with an ECG Counsellor from the ECG Centre at MOE (Grange Road) via the e-Appointment system at
https://go.gov.sg/moe-ecg-centre, calling the ECG hotline at 6831 1420, or emailing MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg
. The MOE ECG Centre will offer online or phone counselling from 5 to 21 January 2023, 9.00am to 5.00pm (Saturdays: 9.00am to 12.00pm).
1 The Cambridge Assessment International Education, the Ministry of Education, Singapore and the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) are the joint examining authorities for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate
of Education Ordinary Level Examinations.
2 Form A will list the applicant’s GCE O-Level examination results, the courses which he/she is eligible to apply for under the JAE, and his/her JAE PIN (i.e. a personal password for the applicant to access JAE-IS).