Release of 2022 PSLE Results and Secondary 1 Posting Exercise
16 November 2022
1. The results of the 2022 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Wednesday, 23 November 2022. Arrangements have been made for school candidates to receive their results from their respective primary schools from 11.00am on Wednesday, 23 November 2022.
2. Parents/guardians may accompany their child/ward to their school to collect their PSLE results. Details on the collection arrangements will be shared by the respective schools.
3. School candidates who are unwell or self-isolating due to a positive COVID-19 test result should not return to school to collect their results. They have the option of accessing their results online1 via Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board’s (SEAB) Candidates Portal at www.seab.gov.sg from 11.45am on Wednesday, 23 November 2022 till 11.59pm on Tuesday, 6 December 2022. School candidates would have received their user account issued by SEAB through their schools from Tuesday, 15 November 2022.
4. School candidates can also appoint a proxy to collect a physical copy of their results on their behalf from the school. Proxies are required to collect the results by Friday, 25 November 2022, and produce the relevant documents for the school’s verification. If school candidates have not received their user account for SEAB’s Candidates Portal, or are unable to appoint a proxy to collect their results, they may contact their school for assistance.
Choosing Secondary Schools
5. Students, in discussion with their parents, are encouraged to consider schools holistically in choosing a secondary school that would be a good fit for their educational needs, strengths and interests. While schools’ PSLE Cut-Off Points from last year’s S1 Posting Exercise can serve as a reference, students and parents are encouraged to also consider factors such as the school culture, distinctive programmes, subject offerings, and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs).
6. Students are encouraged to visit the schools’ open houses and explore their websites. More information is available at:
Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School
7. Specialised Schools for Normal (Technical) students (SSNTs) – Crest Secondary School (CSS) and Spectra Secondary School (SSS) – offer an alternative educational pathway for students eligible for the Normal (Technical) course, who have an interest in practice-oriented, hands-on learning. The schools offer a customised skills-based curriculum and exposure to unique learning opportunities, putting students in good stead for progression to the Institute of Technical Education (ITE). The SSNTs also provide a whole-school approach that emphasises values, socio-emotional learning and character-building. This in turn helps to nurture holistic and confident learners who are ready to seize the opportunities of the future.
8. Students in the SSNTs will typically study GCE Normal (Technical)-Level English Language, Mother Tongue Language and Mathematics. Selected students can take Science as an additional subject. In line with the spirit of Subject-Based Banding, students with the aptitude for these subjects may also take them at a more demanding level. Secondary 3 students will specialise in two of five skills subjects2 offered under the ITE Skills Subject Certificate (ISSC). The ISSC provides a broad-based curriculum that widens students’ exposure to different industry growth areas, allowing students to better discover their interests and make more informed choices about their post-secondary education and future careers.
9. More information on CSS and SSS can be found on their school websites (www.crestsec.edu.sg and
www.spectra.edu.sg). The schools’ websites also contain information on their Pre-Registration Experiences, where students and their parents can register to visit the schools in small groups to find out more about the schools’ distinctive programmes, subjects, culture, ethos and other offerings. Eligible students who are interested to study in CSS or SSS can submit their school application during the Pre-Registration Exercise at the respective schools from Wednesday, 23 November to Saturday, 26 November 2022. Application forms for these two schools are available at students’ respective primary schools, or on CSS and SSS’ school websites. Students may also submit their applications via email or directly to the CSS and SSS’ Admin Office by 3.00pm, Tuesday, 29 November 2022.
10. Students who have applied to CSS or SSS should continue to also indicate their choices for other secondary schools under Secondary 1 (S1) Posting. This will ensure that those who are not admitted into CSS or SSS can be posted to another school of their choice in a timely and seamless manner.
11. Students successfully admitted into CSS or SSS will be informed by the schools by Wednesday, 14 December 2022. Their S1 school choices will then be voided and they will not be posted to other secondary schools.
Submission of Secondary 1 School Choices and Options
12. The S1 Option Form to select secondary schools will be given to eligible students together with their PSLE results. The S1 Option Form provides key information regarding the submission of school choices.
13. A unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) can be found on the top-right hand corner of the S1 Option Form. Students should use the S1 PIN to log in to the Secondary 1 Internet System (S1-IS) and submit their S1 school choices and options online. The S1-IS will be accessible from 11.30am on Wednesday, 23 November 2022 to 3.00pm on Tuesday, 29 November 2022 through MOE’s S1 Posting website at
14. Students, in discussion with their parents, should first consider their school choices and complete the S1 Option Form before logging on to the S1-IS to submit their S1 school choices and options. This will help to facilitate the smooth completion of their online submission. Parents who require assistance with their online submission may contact the student’s primary school before 3.00pm on Tuesday, 29 November 2022.
Release of Secondary 1 Posting Results
15. The S1 Posting Results will be released between Wednesday, 21 December 2022 and Friday, 23 December 2022. The posting results can be accessed through any of the following channels:
- Short Message Service (SMS) via a local mobile number (if provided by the applicant during the application process);
- S1-IS (www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting) using the student’s Birth Certificate number / FIN, and the S1 PIN; or
- At the student’s primary school
16. Students do not need to report to their posted secondary schools upon receiving their S1 Posting Results. Students should refer to their posted schools’ websites after receiving their posting results for more information such as the reporting details, booklist, and purchase of books and uniforms. Parents of the incoming S1 cohort who are on Parents Gateway (PG) will also receive instructions from the posted schools from the afternoon the S1 Posting results are released.
17. If students are unable to report to their posted secondary school on the first day of school in January 2023 due to valid reasons, they should inform their posted secondary school directly after receiving their posting results to confirm that they are taking up the place, and the school will be able to reserve the place for them. More information on S1 Posting and S1-IS are available at MOE’s S1 Posting website. For enquiries, please visit
1 School candidates viewing their results online can still contact their schools and teachers for consultation on their next steps.
2 The five skills subjects are Mechanical Design & Automation, Culinary & Restaurant Operations, Retail & e-Commerce, Internet of Things Applications and Mobile Web Applications.