RELEASE OF 2019 PSLE RESULTS AND SECONDARY 1 POSTING EXERCISE
14 November 2019
1. The results of the 2019 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Thursday, 21 November 2019. Students may obtain their results from their respective primary schools from 11.00am on 21 November 2019.
Submission of Secondary 1 Options
2. Eligible students will receive option forms to select secondary schools when they collect their results slips. Students should discuss their secondary school choices with their parents before they complete the Secondary 1 (S1) Option Forms.
3. In every S1 Option Form, there will be a unique S1 Personal Identification Number (S1 PIN) which can be found at the top right-hand corner of the form. The S1 PIN can be used to submit the secondary school options online and view the posting outcome subsequently via the Secondary 1 Internet System (S1-IS). The S1-IS will be accessible from 11.00am on Thursday, 21 November 2019 to 3.00pm on Wednesday, 27 November 2019 for students to submit their school choices through the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) S1 Posting website at
4. Students, in discussion with their parents, should first consider their secondary school choices, make their decision, and complete the option form before logging on to the S1-IS. This will help to facilitate the smooth completion of their online submission.
5. Alternatively, the option form can be submitted through the student’s primary school. Submission at primary schools can be made during the following timeslots: 11.00am to 3.00pm on 21 November 2019, and 9.00am to 3.00pm on 22 and 25 to 27 November 2019.
Release of Secondary 1 Posting Results
6. The S1 Posting Results will be released on Friday, 20 December 2019. The posting results can be accessed through any of the following channels:
- Short Message Service (SMS) via a local mobile number (if provided by the applicant during the application process)
- S1-IS (www.moe.gov.sg/s1-posting) using the student’s Birth Certificate number / FIN, and the S1 PIN
- At the student’s primary school
7. Students are to report on Monday, 23 December 2019 at 8.30am to their posted secondary schools.
8. More information on S1 Posting and S1-IS is available at MOE’s S1 Posting website and in the information booklet entitled “Choosing Your Secondary Schools” distributed to Primary 6 students. For enquiries, please visit
Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School
9. Specialised Schools for Normal (Technical) students (SSNTs) - Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School – offer an alternative educational pathway for students eligible for the Normal (Technical) course, who have an interest in practice-oriented, hands-on learning. The schools offer a customised skills-based curriculum and exposure to authentic learning opportunities, putting students in good stead for progression to the ITE. The SSNTs also provide a whole-school environment that emphasises values, socio-emotional learning and character-building - which in turn helps to nurture more holistic and confident learners who are ready for future challenges.
10. Students in the SSNTs will study GCE Normal (Technical)-Level English Language, Mother Tongue Language and Mathematics. Selected students can take Science as an additional subject. As part of Subject-Based Banding, eligible students can also take selected subjects at Normal (Academic)-Level. Secondary 3 students will be able to specialise in two of five skills subjects1 offered under the new ITE Skills Subject Certificate (ISSC) from 2021. The ISSC will replace the ITE Skills Certificate (ISC), providing a more broad-based curriculum that widens students’ exposure to different industry growth areas.
11. Students who are eligible for the Normal (Technical) course and are interested to study in Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School should apply directly to these schools from 11.00am on Thursday, 21 November 2019 until 3.00pm on Wednesday, 27 November 2019. At the same time, these students should also indicate their choices for other secondary schools under S1 Posting Exercise. This will ensure that those who are not admitted into Crest or Spectra can be posted to another school of their choice in a timely and seamless manner.
12. Application forms for these two schools are available at the primary schools when students receive their results, or on the schools’ websites (https://www.crestsec.edu.sg
and https://www.spectra.edu.sg). Students successfully admitted into Crest or Spectra will be informed by the schools by Friday, 13 December 2019. Their S1 school choices will be voided and they will not be posted to other secondary schools under S1 Posting.
13. More information on Crest Secondary School and Spectra Secondary School can be found on the schools’ websites and the information booklet entitled “Choosing Your Secondary Schools”.
1 The five skills subjects are Mechanical Design & Automation, Culinary & Restaurant Operations, Retail & e-Commerce, Internet of Things Applications and Mobile Web Applications