APPOINTMENT OF NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE FOR SINGAPORE EXAMINATIONS AND ASSESSMENT BOARD
25 February 2019
Mr Yue Lip Sin will be appointed Chief Executive of the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) with effect from 1 April 2019. He will succeed Miss Tan Lay Choo, whose retirement had already been announced earlier in December 2018. Miss Tan will be retiring on 31 March 2019.
2. Miss Tan joined the Education Service in 1981. In her 37 years of service, she has held various positions in the Ministry of Education (MOE). She has taught in schools including Chinese High School, Raffles Institution, and Bukit Panjang Government High School where she served as Principal. She also held key positions including Cluster Superintendent, and Director in the then-Education Programmes Division.
3. Appointed Chief Executive of SEAB on 1 April 2008, Miss Tan has contributed greatly to the conduct of national examinations in Singapore. She has spearheaded the review of various aspects of our national examinations - aligning them to curricular changes and exploring innovations such as e-examinations.
4. Miss Tan’s sterling contributions to the Education Service led to her being conferred the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2003. She has also served as a Non-Executive Director of NIE International (2011-2014), a Member of the International Advisory Panel on Assessment and Teaching of 21st Century Skills (ATC21s) (2011-2013), and the Board of Trustees International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA) (2015-2019).
5. Mr Yue is currently Deputy Chief Executive of SEAB. He has held various key positions in MOE, including Principal of Chung Cheng High School and Director, Mother Tongue Languages. Mr Yue joined SEAB in December 2011 as Director of Assessment & Research, and was subsequently appointed Director of Assessment Planning & Development in April 2014.
6. With 29 years of experience in the Education Service, Mr Yue will continue to ensure that SEAB builds on its capabilities in the development and conduct of the national examinations system.