Distributors or vendors must observe the following if they wish to obtain approval for a dictionary (including e-dictionary) to be used during the national examinations:
- Complete and submit the application form to SEAB. More information regarding the 2019 application window will be made available between June to July 2019.
- There is an application fee of $642 for each printed dictionary edition and $963 for each e-Dictionary version (inclusive of 7% GST).
- The approval period for the use of each dictionary during the national examinations is five (5) years, beginning from the examination year that follows the year of application. Applications for an extension of the validity period of the approved dictionaries will need to be submitted between 1 June to 31 July of the fifth year, and an administrative fee of $107 (inclusive of 7% GST) will be applicable for each dictionary.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30 November of the year that their application(s) were made.
- All applications are to be submitted to Ms Sally Siew, either via hard-copy or email, to the respective addresses found below:
Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board
8 Lower Delta Road
Attn: Ms Sally Siew