Distributors or vendors must observe the following if they wish to obtain approval for a scientific or graphing calculator to be used during the national examinations:
- Complete and submit the application form to SEAB. More information regarding the 2019 application will be made available between June to July 2019.
- There is an application fee of $267.50 for each scientific calculator and $481.50 for each graphing calculator (inclusive of 7% GST).
- The approval period for the use of each calculator model during the national examinations is five (5) years, beginning from the examination year that follows the year of application. Applications for an extension of the validity period of the approved calculators have to be submitted between 1 June to 31 July of the fifth year, and an administrative fee of $107 (inclusive of 7% GST) will be applicable for each calculator model.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30 November of the year that their application(s) were made.
- All applications are to be submitted to Ms Sally Siew, either via hard copy or email, to the respective addresses found below:
Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board
8 Lower Delta Road
Attn: Ms Sally Siew